Sun, 03 Oct|
Oct 3- Sensory Friendly Special Care Dental Practices
A session on desensitizing children with special needs, spectrum disorders, cleft, syndromic children, and children with challenging behaviors.
Time & Location
03-Oct-2021, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm IST
About the Event
Daffodil health presents an interactive session for Parents, Allied Health Professionals, and Doctors on Sensory-Friendly Special Care Dental Practices
October is the month of Sensory Awareness. The oral cavity is one of the most sensitive regions of the human body. We bring to you a session on how to strike a balance and desensitize children with special needs, spectrum disorders, cleft, syndromic children, and children with challenging behaviors.
- Introduction to Oral Cavity
- Introducing Dental Operatory as a Multi-sensory world
- Creating a balance & desensitization of children with special needs conditions (ASD, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, Facial Clefts, Down's Syndrome, etc. along with children with challenging behaviors) & the ways to combat & behaviorally guide them in the Dental Operatory
- Importance of Pre-Feeding & Pre-Tooth Brushing Oro-Motor Stimulation
- Advanced Oral Hygiene aids along with appropriate guidance in developing oral care as an important self-help skill in the daily activities of living.
Dr. Ghousia Begum
Pediatric Dentist (specialized in sensory-informed special care with palliative inclusive oral care)
Dr. Nyer Firdoose
Faciomaxillary and oral surgeon
Date: October 3, 2021
Time: 3 PM - 5 PM
This event is free to attend. Registration is mandatory.
After registration, you will receive the event link in the email id registered with us.
For any queries, contact us on WhatsApp +918042100541 or email us at email@example.com.