C. Signs and Symptoms of Cerebral Palsy
Signs and Symptoms of cerebral palsy vary depending on the severity of the condition.
Some of them are:
- Weakness of limbs
- Inability/ difficulty to walk
- Stiff or Floppy muscles
- Poor balance and coordination
- Difficulty with fine motor skills
- Delay in all or some aspects of development such as speaking, motor milestones, cognition, etc
- Poor clarity of speech
- Problems with vision and hearing
- Pain and fatigue
Some children with CP may have intellectual disability, although most often the intelligence is intact.